Talia has been my pet project that I've worked on in my free time. This rendition of it is the very first one where I coded the engine myself with the help of a tutorial on youtube. It has pretty basic in that you can only move around and shoot but it was a start. The project as it is shown here was completed in May of 2015.
The code was more or less copied form the youtube tutorial I was following although I did hand write it and debug it myself when it wasnt working. The art assets I created by hand.
I knew nothing of coding videogames before this project. I learned everything through trial and error and picking apart the code that I was writing until I fully understood what lines did what.
I can now replicate this project more or less. I've also learned that patience and perserverence are very key skills to have.